Monday, April 13, 2015

13 April 2015

That sounds like it was an awesome trip out to Maryland! I am kind of jealous that you all got to go out to Gettysburg this weekend.  That would be super cool to do.  Just another thing that I will need to do when I get back.  I remember that Fort McHenry was super cool as well.  I do remember seeing them raising and flying the flags while we were there.  So why didn´t you buy the new van? Sounds like it is pretty awesome.  Casper is a pretty cool name.  What was the cherry festival like in D.C.? Was it cool, what did you do there? Lots of sandwhiches huh?  Its been a long time since I ate a sandwhich.  
   This week was pretty crazy for us.  Monday was the last p day for Elder Brown on the mission.  Tuesday was District Meeting which was normal.  Nothing super crazy happened during District Meeting.  Pretty normal.  Wednesday was also normal.  Nothing super strange.  Thursday I got to go on exchanges with Elder Pablo. We went around and did some visits in both areas while Elder Brown and Sanderson went to Manaus for a meeting for Elder Brown.  So I got to stay in Manacapuru with Elder Pablo.  It was pretty cool.  We walked quite a bit going from area to area.  Did some basic visits. Friday rolled around and it was the same thing.  Elder Pablo and I were able to submit the intial papers into the offices here to help some of his investigators get married.  It took awhile because some of their papers were not exactly right and so they had to make some phone calls around, but it all worked out in the end.  We had a cool visit later that night with a less active.  He hasn´t gone to church for a little while but we were able to teach him about the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the importance of taking the sacrament.  It was a cool lesson. Saturday Elder Brown and Sanderson got back from Manaus about 9:40 in the morning. Saturday was Piano class as well, which I am starting to enjoy being able to teach about music.  Taught about how to figure out which notes are which in treble clef for all you music people.  Pretty simple stuff, but it was still fun nonetheless.  The rest of the day was normal.  Sunday was the baptism of Daniel.  He is the nephew of one of the members and we were able to teach for the last few weeks and Sunday night was his baptism.  It was super cool.  I was able to baptize him which was awesome! We got to visit Joelle and Fabio this week and they are doing great.  We sang Families can be together Forever with them and they started  to cry.  They are super awesome and its awesome that I´ve been able to teach and help them. Transfers have come and gone and my new companion is Elder Jesus from São Paulo Campinas.  He is pretty cool, but I´ve been with him for about 3 hours now.  It will be a fun transfer.  I´ll still be in Manacapuru for now. I´m excited for this next transfer!
 Hope that you all have a great week this week! I miss you all! Have an awesome week!
Love
Elder Battraw

No comments:

Post a Comment