Monday, April 1, 2019

1 April 2019

It's a big day today, I've now hit my 20 month mark. That's right, only 4 more months before people back home have to deal with me again! And in revelant news, on to the work!
So we finally got Damaris to church! It's taken some effort, but she's got some good member friends now who were able to take her. She really liked it, and is going to watch conference next week as well, hopefully with the same members. Nisha also came to church, but we found out why she only comes every other week: she trades off going to her daughter's boyfriend's church. This could probably be more easily addressed if the daughter wasn't 7. We've gotten ourselves in quite the pickle with this one. How do you convince an irate 7 year old that she shouldn't be "dating" someone?
In big news for over here, Wayne is going to watch General Conference too! Well, as much as a 90% blind man can watch it, but you get it. He thinks it's pretty funny that we want him to sit in front of a tv without being able to tell what's going on. I've never heard so many blind jokes in my life as I've heard from him! Honestly, his biggest holdups right now are stopping drinking sweet tea and Joseph Smith's name. The first thing he asked us is if he was a plumber. He then explained that in his base as a special forces troop people would frequently come in dressed the exact same way, carrying something that looked suspiciously like a rifle bag. When he asked them who they were, they were always a Smith and a plumber, so he's trying to change his mental association of the name Smith with CIA covers. I think that's the big news for the week, but I'll send more if I remember it!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment