Monday, July 30, 2018

30 July 2018

Okay, this email has nothing to do with phones, but I needed something that rhymed with zones and that was the best I had. We started off this week with a zone activity, and that was pretty fun. Kind of like the Olympics with different events, but things like who can build the tallest/best looking tower out of spaghetti noodles and marshmallows and that kind of thing. It was way fun. Our district's name was the Faarsquad. Half of our district really loves Shrek, and so my comp was Lord Faarquad leading the Faarsquad into battle. There was pool noddle jousting, now that I think about it. And dueling. (Again with the pool noodles. No pools were involved.) My "event" was where we had to have someone reading out a proclamation to the people as Samuel the Lamanite with people shooting Nerf darts at you. I had to read some weird recipe and we were judged by the amount of passion we put into it. We had 5 people in the district who could help block the darts, and every hit you took was minus one point. I was awarded 15 points out of 10, because I was the last one and they had already given ten points to someone else, but said that mine was way better. However I got hit 18 times and therefore didn't do too well there. But we got five bonus points for one of district member's exhuberant blocking. If I can find a video, I'll definitely send it.
In terms of the work, we're still trying to work with the same family, but they might  have something going on that prevents any of them from being baptized, even though the kids really want to be. We'll have to see as time goes on. I'm not sure how much I can really put in an email. Still, they are progressing as much as they can and it makes me really happy to see them move on and change their lives. I love this chance that I have to be a missionary!

Sorry, I think that's all the big stuff this week, maybe more next week. Oh, and here's a random picture of my first time trying helote. (Elote?) Anyways, that stuff's way good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment