Monday, May 21, 2018

21 May 2018

So the big news of this week is that transfers is tomorrow, and I've already found out that I'm going back to Raleigh 3rd ward! I'm going to be in the 3C area that I've already served in, but only for two weeks. That was after the lovely bike crash that took out my trainer, and I'm going to be serving with my MTC companion again, which is really funny. Partly because that's who I was with for those two weeks as well. So it'll be very interesting being together for the third time, in the same area. The downside to that is that I'm going to be co-district leader with him. That is more responsibility than I want to have to deal with, especially because it involves me speaking a lot more in public than I like. Which is at all, so... I'm sure I'll be able to live through that. It'll be great! The way I got told scared me though. We got a text from President James late Saturday night that said to call him as soon as we could. Which either means that something terrible has happened or that you're going to train, have a leadership position or serve with someone who is generally known to be a hard missionary to get along with. None of those sounded desirable, and so I was just praying that he'd ask for Elder Turner. He did not. And that was when he told me that. But hey, at least I get to know how I'll serve with and where I'm serving, so that's going to be great.
In other news, we just knocked a whole bunch this week. It's been raining, so driving in trailer parks is more like driving a submarine. It's pretty interesting. We found some pretty great people who seem like they're going to have a lot of potential. We got to share the Restoration with them, and one of them was just so great. His name is Ricardo and he just seems perfect! The Spirit was so strong! There's a lot of stuff that's going to be going on next transfer here. 
And then just random stuff. 
 

These are the things that you see in Fayetteville.


Probably my favorite family in Raeford, the Rentas.


That pie that we won and finally got.

And the best piece of beef jerky that I've ever seen. This is because my comp felt pressured into buy it because the only exit that the store had was past the cashiers. It was pretty funny, but all he's done is hung it up on the wall, not eat it. In the package, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment