Thursday, July 11, 2013

License and Vaccine


So yesterday was an exciting day for me.  A quarter after 8am, Brother McDonald drove up to our house, picked me up and drove me to the BMV to be able to take my driving test.  The BMV wasn't open when we got there, but we didn't have to wait long to get inside. I signed in and waited for my driving instructor to call me up.  He did so, checked my permit, had my eyesight quickly tested, checked registration, and then we were off to the car.  A quick test of the brake lights and turn signals and we were off! I had to drive around various parts of Fishers (sometimes twice), through a construction site, parallel park and manage not to break any laws and get back to the BMV.  It wasn't too hard, though parallel parking was the hardest part for me.  I managed to pass though! After going through some paperwork, I was then a licensed driver in the state of Indiana!  I quickly went home, got my vaccine chart filled out and Austin Gorge and Sister Gorge picked me up to take me to a travel clinic to get the necessary mission vaccines that Austin and I both needed.  We had to drive downtown, but it only took about 20 minutes.  The clinic was on the fourth floor of the building so we hopped into the elevator for our 10am appointment. We got there on time, and started to fill out the nessecary paperwork to get the vaccines.  I needed to get yellow fever and typhoid. Yellow fever was just a quick shot to my arm, but typhoid was a different story.  I have pills that I have to take over the course of a week to get the vaccine.  I can't eat anything for two hours beforehand and can only drink them with cold water. Nothing else to eat or drink for at least an hour afterward so I just take them before bed. Fun  stuff. After getting the shots, Austin and I both got huge packets concerning the medical and physical 
dangers in both of our missions and lets just says Brazils list is extensive. Every risk is either moderate or high. I was real thrilled to hear that. After all of that, we went and looked at mission shoes, but everything was out of my price range so I didn't get anything. It was a really good and productive day. I enjoyed it. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job taking care of business! You'll be a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete