Monday, June 17, 2019

17 June 2019

To make a long story short, I'm back in Raleigh for the third time! To make that short story long, here we go:
So on Wednesday night Elder Jackson, Elder Oberstadt and I were getting ready to go to bed when we got a text from Elder Wilson (one of the office missionaries) telling me to be ready to have my departing interview with President Holland the next day after our Zone Training, which is basically a shorter version of Zone Conference. He also told me to have My Plan ready, and it wasn't, mostly because you do it in your last six weeks once per week. I was on week 2. So I was walking into this interview completely unprepared in multiple ways. However, the interview didn't even really go into My Plan much, we mostly talked about college. It was the end that caught me off guard. He said, "Well, Elder, how's it going in a trio?" After talking about that for a little while, he then asked, "Would it be too much of a burden for you to pack up and go to Raleigh?" There was a second of silence as I took it in, and gratefully accepted, because I absolutely love Raleigh. A missionary who was here before me ended up going home a little early for mental health, and so they grabbed me, the new guy to Sanford who was in a trio and just happened to have already spent 6 months in Raleigh. Talk about revelation in transfers, right? So I had about 18 hours advance warning that I was going to be leaving for my new area. Anyways, on to the stuff that's been happening in Raleigh these past 3 days. 
Most of what's been going on has been getting back up with the people being taught. My comp who is currently here has only 9 days more than me with these people, so we basically got whitewashed in, just without notes being left for us. It hasn't been too bad, but we're going to have to figure out the bus system here again. It's going to be one of our main modes of transportation as my comp can't ride a bike right now. He hurt his arm in a bike crash about a month and a half ago, and is still waiting on doctor's approval to start riding again. He has moved from a cast to a brace, which is some good progress. 
The main cool thing is that I managed to get up with someone who I'd taught when I was being trained here, who is currently married and baptized with a kid now. So he's had a lot of changes in his life, and is working hard. Unfortunately, he normally isn't able to go to church very often but he did this week so I got to see him my first week back here! 
I don't think there is any other crazy news for the week, see y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment