Wednesday, August 9, 2017

9 Aug. 2017

Well, my first week is finally done! P Day number one is here and my first communication back home! My flight had no problems at all. I was with the guy I met at the temple the whole time, and we met up with another three missionaries at the Atlanta airport. I was really nervous about getting through customs, but I was just asked how long I would be here and had my passport stamped. We found a huge group of probably forty or so misssionaries hanging out on some benches, so we went and sat by them until we were told to get our stuff and go to the bus. Now that was an interesting ride. From what I´ve been told, there are similar traffic laws to the U.S. Not that you could tell. Everybody goes where they want, and the right of way is determined by who´s driving the bigger car. Apparently one of the buses got in a minor accident on the way here and just kept on driving. Accidents are common partly because people drive literally inches from each other. When we got to the MTC (or as it´s called here, the CCM) we unloaded the bus and got in line for medical forms and passport checks and the like. We were ushered into a room where we got a short safety briefing, then were given schedules for the whole time that had our room and district numbers on them and set loose. My district (10E) has 12 people: Elders Hull(my companion), Rasmussen, Kluger, Skelton, Perkes, Benson, Johnson and myself, and Hermanas Compton, Smith, Meyers, and Reed. It´s a pretty awesome and crazy group. All the time there are fireworks going off, or that´s what the teachers insist they are. A lot of the Elders are pretty sure that they´re gunshots, and I´ve heard three as I´ve been writing this email. The classes are really hard, but mostly because of the spanish. It´s been getting a lot easier for me though. I´ve already gone from bottom of the class (everyone except for me and Hna. Meyers had already taken spanish) to being able to correct my companion´s Spanish, who grew up with it around him and took four years in high school. Elder Hull is pretty cool. He ran track and cross country, and is far more athletic than me, especially at the local elevation of 7400 feet.  We got to go to the Mexico City Temple today! It was super awesome, and made the terrifying 45 minute drive worth it. I haven´t sorted through all the pictures and the computer is super slow, so I´ll see what I can send. (The selfie is me and Elder Skelton)







No comments:

Post a Comment