Wednesday, August 16, 2017

16 Aug. 2017

Me español es muy mejor de semana uno, pero necesito mas trabajo antes estoy listo. (You can have David try to translate that, I´m sure I made a mistake in there somewhere.) That´s hilarious that you had to be the one to drive Matt to school after all those warnings. Speaking of driving, how is Tom getting along without me driving him all over? Is he any closer to a licence? Tell David good luck with the route from me! I haven't been able to find Zach yet, but he's one missionary among 700. This week we had two really cool devotionals from M. Russel Ballard and Neil L. Anderson, but they were both streamed from the Provo MTC. Elder Ballard spoke on locking our hearts against any romantic temptations, and one of the Latino elders that I'm friends with came into my room afterward and said, "The prophet spoke to me tonight!" (He'd been talking about one Hermana who he liked and was interested in.) So there was definitely some real inspiration there. The classes are hard, but not too crazy. At first I couldn't understand them at all because they were all in Spanish, but I don't even really have to try to keep up anymore. The hard part now are the progressing investigator lessons. Our teachers pretend to be investigators, and they don't let up on the speed or complexity of their Spanish. I've had to say "Otra vez, por favor." more than once. One of the sisters from my district (Hermana Compton) walked up to me yesterday and asked how I'd managed to learn so much Spanish so fast. I told her flashcards and the spirit. Speaking of Hna. Compton, she's from Hawaii! Someplace that starts with an L, I think. I mentioned my step dad was Hawaiian too, and now she wants to know where David is from. I also learned that though our half court basketball isn't supposed to be competitive, it still  is really rough. I got a blood blister on my finger after getting knocked down in a game, as well as bruising most of my right side and hitting one of my toes pretty hard. Elder Hull is trying to run me into the ground by making me run with him, and it's killing me. My shins hurt a lot now, and it's way harder to breathe at eleven times the altitude of Fishers. Oh yeah, and one of my roomates' IPod was stolen from our room after the people came with new sheets, so we don't have any more music. The MTC security has been investigating, but they haven't had any luck so far. And I do apologize about this not being that long or newsy, just not much that is super newsworthy has happened. Every minute of most of our days is planned out for us and most of that is classes.





No comments:

Post a Comment