Monday, October 8, 2018

8 October 2018

This has been one of the hardest weeks of my life, physically. The amount of physical work involved in preparing for the weekend work crews (that we also do) is crazy. For example, this week included unloading two full semi trucks of supplies, one of them entirely by hand, the other halfway, as well as me and my comp making an impromptou parking lot in the field next to the church for all of the overflow parking we'd need. We only had about 45 minutes to do it, but we did a fairly decent job. The only issue was that it was a little tight pulling in and out, but we fixed that. After all of the in week stuff, we went out on the weekend and did a few houses. In the process, I managed to hurt myself in our last house on Sunday. We were ripping up their hardwood floor when a chunk of it shot up and hit me in the eye, which was thankfully covered by my glasses. It was still moving fast enough to bend my glasses way out of shape and cut me a bit around them, where either the wood or my glasses hit me. I'm not entirely sure. Still, I love serving everyone around here. It doesn't matter how sore I am the next day or how tired I am, these people are so grateful for what we're doing. People have lost everything here, and they don't know how to continue. Then, the "yellow angels" show up and help them out. One of my favorite parts is leaving a house, because we always get to leave them with a food kit that will last them a few days, a cleaning kit, and a prayer. The amount of gratitude is incredible. I don't think I'll ever understand how much we affect their lives, but I know it's for the better. Even more, people are wanting to learn about our church and why we do what we do, so the missionary work after the cleanup will still keep us really busy!


I'll attach one picture here, the rest will just go into the same Google Drive folder I shared last week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment