Monday, August 13, 2018

13 August 2018

As my mission president informed me Saturday night, I am leaving. In fact, this area is getting whitewashed. That was a surprise. I've been here for two transfers, and my comp has been here for 4. I thought I was staying and he was leaving for sure. I was half right. Unfortunately, I have no way to get my ~8 lbs. of frozen blueberries to my next area. So they're getting left behind. I'm going to be in Wallace, a little city about 40 minutes from Wilmington. I'm pretty excited, but every time I start to pack I always have to wonder how I got all of my stuff there in the first place. I have to leave stuff in every area, and I don't even remember picking up anything. I'll figure it all out.

The work here this last week kind of is suffering. We still haven't been able to get up with that one really cool family (Luz, Maria, Anthony...) but we've finally been able to make an appointment for tonight. Hopefully they'll be back on track for when the new missionaries come in. One of them is actually one of my old companions from Raeford, and he'll be training here. I'm excited for him to see how they're doing. Another family kind of told us that they want the mom to heal up from a broken leg before we go and see them again, but we'll have the other missionaries at least stop by soon to say hi and get to know them. They have a lot of potential, but they just need to get reading in the Book of Mormon. We've also been talking with another man named Nelson from Honduras. He really wants to learn more, but can't go to church right now because of work. We are going to try to get him a job with someone in the ward who owns their own construction business, which just happens to be what Nelson works in. So hopefully that'll help. He says that he already knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true, "I mean, just look at it! There's no way he could have written it!" (rough translation from Spanish.) So that's exciting. Hopefully he'll continue to progress. 

Not much has been going on in terms of just random area stuff. It's been kind of slow. My dog bite is almost completely healed, so that's good. Mostly just some bruising that's still hanging around. The dog's owners were also located by animal control and the dog is current on all of its vaccines, so I don't have to worry about getting rabies either. Nice way to end the transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment