Tuesday, February 20, 2018

20 February 2018

No, no actual deaths. However, we did attend a dying missionary's funeral. That's the last district meeting that a missionary has before going home. This week we had Elder Kimber (a zone leader) and a senior couple who are going home. So, it was actually a triple funeral. And because of it, a pretty fun district meeting.
 
No, I don't know why this one is upside down. I fixed the other, but was too lazy to fix this one. This is Elder Kimber dying.
 
Elder and Sister Brown dying.
 
And the required district picture. A strange group of people. Basically, district meeting was the only big thing that happened this week. Right afterwords, we had exchanges with the zone leaders, which is why they were at our district meeting in the first place. That was pretty fun. We found a tiny fire hydrant in a trailer park, where we also found some really promising people. We have some appointments with them coming up tomorrow, as well as with our best investigator tonight. Hopefully things will pan out and we'll start to really get work rolling out here. 
​And this one is sideways, again I don't know why. The computer is being weird today. I tried to take a picture of the zone leader taking a selfie with it because it was funny, but it didn't save. And the last bit of news is that I'm in and out of the hospital with even more frequency than before the mission, and my family knows that was pretty often. Usually around once a year, but it's been slowing down. Mostly it was just crazy allergic reactions to something or another that we could never figure out. But out here, it's not for my own illness, it's people in our branch. One sister has been in and out of the hospital for about a week now, and they have no idea what's causing her problems. We ended up going to visit her on Wednesday and on Sunday, in what were for her two separate visits to the same hospital. We're really hoping that they find out what's wrong and that she gets better. The frequency that I've been to that hospital is enough where I get recognized by the desk staff. But yes, other than this it's been a fairly normal week, other than it being in the 80's for a couple of days. That was weird. And then two days later it was back in the 40's, and we're on the rise again.  We're having transfers next week now that I think about it, and so I'm probably getting moved again. So far I'm in my 4th transfer in my 4th area with my 5th companion. The way this works is a little weird. Now, new missionaries ALWAYS stay in their first area for two transfers because of training. But that didn't happen for me because my trainer and I had that lovely little bike accident. And so I went to area #2 with companions #2 and #3. Normally, the recently trained missionary stays in that same area for transfer #3 so that they get the experience of taking over an area fully. But my old area got shut down due to lack of Spanish speaking Elders (5 went home that transfer, a huge loss when you only have 20 total.) and so I got moved to another area. And then that area was getting switched to Sisters, so we got double transferred out. And now here I am, one week away from possibly getting moved again. Honestly, I'm kind of hoping that I get moved again just to keep the streak going. You never know, though. If I don't get moved, that'll mean that I don't have to pack! Which would be awesome! And I get to stay with people I've been working with! Even Better! I'll find out Saturday night, but y'all have to wait till Monday! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment