Monday, November 20, 2017

20 November 2017

Well, this has definitely been the least exciting week of my mission. We couldn't find last week because of my companion's injury, and so we didn't have any appointments. We spent a few hours on Monday in the hospital, and then we didn't have much else to do. For most of Tuesday, we were in the apartment but got to go out and knock a little bit. Wednesday was pretty good. We had a zone conference, and we got to go to the temple. It was super nice. It's always great to be able to go and do work. Then Thursday we went on exchanges with our district leaders. We mostly just knocked because they didn't have any appointments set up that day. Still, it was great to go out and work. The next morning we transferred back and I immediately went on exchanges with our zone leaders. That one was even better. We didn't knock a whole lot, but I got to go with him and teach a few lessons. And I got to drive the only truck in the mission. It's a Chevy Silverado, and only the Raleigh ZL's have one. The only reason I got to drive it was the ZL I was with had his driving privileges taken away after getting dinged by the system called Tiwis- Teenage Independent Witness. Basically your mother sitting next to you and screaming at you if you speed, brake too hard, accelerate too fast, or turn too hard. And then telling your mission president. I didn't think that I would enjoy it much, but it turns out that I also love driving trucks. Not just small cars like I thought. Unfortunately, I got back after that exchange and found out my companion had decided to go out and knock and work for two full days without wearing his sling. He's in a lot of pain, so we couldn't work Saturday or Sunday. It took me and my district leaders an hour and a half to convince him to leave the apartment this morning. He just doesn't want to move at all anymore. It's kind of rough just being stuck in your apartment all day. On the plus side, I've had plenty of time for scripture and language study. I've also read every Ensign we have. Which is a lot. Well, that's all for this week. As nothing really happened, I don't have any pictures, so I apologize for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment