Wednesday, September 6, 2017

6 September 2017

It's been pretty fun this week. Yes, I found Elder Bischoff this morning and he's going to give me the package after lunch. Thanks for sending it! All he said was that there was jerky, and that is exactly what I asked for! And yes, we did get a picture. After lunch we're going to try to get one in front of the sign, but Elder Bryan had a temple trip so we didn't have time this morning. Tell David that I expect him to be in tip-top shape by the time I get back. I want to go on runs together! My companion has been pushing me really hard physically, and I'm about an hour and a half before my attempt to quadruple the furthest distance I ran pre-mission. This 10K is probably going to hurt. Tom told me about those classes, and he seems to be having a lot more fun with them than your students are.
For my birthday, my district decided that I needed to be sung to, and so they sang to me over breakfast. Some of the Hermanas got me doughnuts in the morning, and then after lunch everyone came up and gave me stuff they bought in the Tienda. They sell root beer apparently, which is pretty awesome. 
I found out that I've been called as a travel leader, which basically means that I'm in charge of the luggage for myself and three other missionaries who are on the same flight out of here. Two are going to Raleigh with me, and the other (Hermana Hendricks, if you ever randomly see her) is going to the Indianapolis mission! This calling would probably be easier if I had absolutely any idea what it entailed aside from the luggage, but they were pretty vague about all that. 
We've been a part of the "mixed" program which means that I had a Latino companion as well. We had our last time teaching together this week before Elder Ronderos left the CCM. He was a cool guy who said he preferred British accents because he watched a lot of Doctor Who. 
My Spanish is getting better every week, and I finally got over a grammar concept that's been keeping me back for a while. I get a lot of compliments on my Spanish now, which I guess is a good sign. One night, our culdesac (or however you spell that) flooded knee deep, which was pretty cool. I don't have any pictures, sorry. I think that's about it for this week, and the next time I email you it will be from Raleigh! ​
​Two of these pictures are the closet of one of the elders in my room whose closet door mysteriously went missing. No, surprisingly, it wasn't me who did it. And he got a replacement door. (The little one)​
​Also, we apparently all committed to Eastern Kentucky University this week. One of the elders in our district has a dad that works there, so we all got shirts and pens.​
​And here is Elder Ronderos right after we finished teaching for the last time and got our pretend investigator to commit to baptism.




No comments:

Post a Comment